We’re looking for hometown heroes to rise to the challenge of leading our new non-profit organization!
Following our recent transition, Milwaukee Pride seeks to fill three open board positions. These are board member at large positions with terms ending December 31, 2018 and renewable through December 31, 2021.
We seek community leaders who fulfill mission-critical qualifications, including:
- Active attendance, participation and engagement in monthly Board meetings, as well as ongoing correspondence and conversations outside the meeting forum;
- Alignment with the shared mission, purpose and vision of Milwaukee Pride, Inc., as outlined by our Bylaws of Incorporation;
- Personal accountability for organizational leadership, governance and policy formation for financial, fund development, public relations and community outreach functions of Milwaukee Pride, Inc.;
- Active representation of Milwaukee Pride, Inc., within the community, including hosted, sponsored and community partner events that advance local LGBTQ voice and visibility;
- Models, cultivates and inspires a culture of collaboration, with a commitment to develop the next generation of local LGBTQ leadership.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes, and a letter of intent explaining their reasons for joining the Board, to email@example.com. All applicants will be reviewed by the Governance Committee with final selections made at the next Board of Directors meeting.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milwaukee Pride, Inc. is committed to the concept of equality for all people. Appointment by the Board of Directors will be made regardless of race, creed, national origin, level of physical ability, gender identity and sexual orientation. Furthermore, Milwaukee Pride, Inc. Board of Directors will include all members of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities in recruitment of volunteers in the planning of all Milwaukee Pride, Inc. activities.