During the festival weekend, PrideFest guests are invited to donate a tax-deductible gift of $1 — or any dollar amount — to support the annual charitable cause. In return, Milwaukee Pride, Inc. will identify a sponsor who will match all donated funds to increase the impact of our program.
To build awareness and advocacy for the cause, Milwaukee Pride, Inc. provides fundraising, marketing and community outreach support to the Plus One beneficiary throughout the rest of the calendar year.
Qualifications & Requirements
All Plus One candidates must:
- Be a qualified, certified and sustainable non-profit organization.
- Provide significant, consistent, visible support to the local LGBT+ community.
- Align closely with the outlined mission and purpose of Milwaukee Pride, Inc.
- Demonstrate how Plus One funding would drive significant community impact.
- Commit to supporting marketing, PR and outreach initiatives throughout campaign.
We prefer that candidates have an established relationship with Milwaukee Pride, Inc. and/or existing presence at PrideFest Milwaukee.
As a 501(c)3 organization, we are absolutely prohibited from intervening or participating in political campaigns. In return, we cannot consider political candidates as Plus One beneficiaries.
Anyone, at any time, can nominate an organization, cause or campaign for Plus One consideration.
Nominations should be submitted in writing, whether to the Milwaukee Pride, Inc. mailing address or by e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com mailboxes. All submissions are received and researched by the Communications Director and presented to the Milwaukee Pride, Inc. Board of Directors for further consideration. All nominees are subject to a majority vote by the Board of Directors, whose vote is final.
The annual Plus One cause is announced by January 31 every calendar year.